The SAP BW job to activate the BI Technical Content failed; how do I start it again?
The MiniSAP installation is nearly complete, I’ve started the BW Administrator Workbench (AWB) using transaction RSA1 and a dialog box prompted the background execution of the BI_TCO_ACTIVATION job.
Unfortunately, using transaction SM37, I can see that it ran for a while but has stopped with a status of cancelled.
This is a common issue on new MiniSAP installations, due to a mis-match between optimised server/service configuration and the available hardware.
No problem, the BI_TCO_ACTIVATION job will pick up from where it fell over. Just re-execute it and keep an eye on the job logs for the real progress. On smaller hardware configurations, this has been known to require at least 3 re-starts before it completes successfully.
- In ‘Command Field’ option enter ‘/nSM37’ value.
- Click ‘Enter’ button.
- Ensure ‘Job Name’ option is ‘BI_TCO_ACTIVATION’ value.
- Ensure ‘User Name’ option is ‘*’ value.
- In ‘Job Start Condition’ group, ensure ‘From’ and ‘To’ options have appropriate dates.
- Click ‘Execute’ button.
- Select the row of the failed job with a tick.
- Ensure all other rows are un-ticked.
- Navigate ‘Job’ -> ‘Repeat Scheduling’ menu.
- Click ‘Immediate’ button.
- Click ‘Save’ button.
- Click ‘Refresh’ button once in a while to see if the job has finished.
It is very possible the BI_TCO_ACTIVATION job will fail for a second time.
Rerun the BI_TCO_ACTIVATION job for a third (forth, fifth, etc) time until finished.
Quite often the BI_TCO_ACTIVATION job will need to be run three (3) times.
Were you unfortunate enough to get to rerun 29? Then it’s probably an issue larger than system resources. Head on over to the SAP Community – Questions and Answers where you can engage with like minded Netweaver enthusiasts.